Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Being a #dog #owner means discussing dumps

Look, I never asked you to talk about my private matters.

      Owning a dog means that frequently it seems that the main conversation about the dog concerns bowel movements and urination.   
          This morning, before I had coffee, I talked with Grace about Gizmo’s execratory behavior.  Were there any “accidents”?  No.  What did he do when you let him out of the cage?  Dash across the bridge and into his area in the back yard behind the palm trees, pause out of sight for a while, and then run back.  Did you actually see him defecate?  No.                                                               When I pointed out that the bulk of our conversation about our dog was about his habits while relieving himself, Grace said, “Of course it is.  When you have a dog, you cannot talk about his grades in school.”   
       And I have to stop writing this because it is time to give Gizmo a walk and I have talked about that enough.  (Afterwards,  I can proudly add that during our walk, Gizmo not only waited until near the end of the walk – meaning I would have to carry the now-filled plastic bag only a tiny distance – but I am also proud to report that he released quite a huge dump.)
     “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”  - Mark Twain, a Biography

No comments:

Post a Comment