Saturday, November 19, 2011

Almost all #owners believe their #dogs are #blameless, #perfect


         Whatever happens, most owners totally believe that my dog was perfectly behaved and not at fault.  People and their dogs are like parents and their darling, perfect bratty ill-behaved children.                             
       For instance, there were yapping, nipping, ill-behaved Chihuahuas in dog park with someone who (II thought) said he was a dog behaviorist.  As I left, I heard him talking about the “issues” his dogs have.   It seemed to me that the owner/behaviorist was the one with the problems and chief amongst them were not disciplining his dogs.        
      Then there was the woman in Santa Fe who blamed all other dogs and owners and refused to notice that her dog was a biter.                                     
        Of course, during both incidents, my #dog #Gizmo was perfect at all times.  As I noted earlier, ALL owners believe that their dogs are perfect and, if there is any misbehavior, it must be the fault of the other owners or the other dogs.      
     If parents were more interested in their children’s schooling than they presently are, I’m sure that similar attitudes (my kid’s perfect, everyone else is at fault) would prevail and the school system, currently under attack, would suffer severely.  
           “I am called a dog because I fawn on those who give me anything, I yelp at those who refuse, and I set my teeth in rascals.  Diogenes

No comments:

Post a Comment