Sunday, November 6, 2011

After long car trip, #good news - #bad news on arrival.


Please tell me it was more good news than bad??

     First day back after almost 13-hour, two-day, two car drive from New Mexico to Palm Desert, CA., Gizmo gives us good news and bad:
     Bad News:  Because I was too tired to put together the cage (and because Gizmo had no accidents in the Comfort Inn in Flagstaff, AR.,) Gizmo was free to lay down anywhere he wanted on the first night back in our California home.  He wandered a bit, lying down near my side of the bed, then near Grace’s side, in the bathroom and under a shelf in the hallway, but he finally settled down.
           In the morning, we discovered that he urinated twice in his old fravorite spot in Grace’s office (“BAD DOG”).  He also vomited on the striped rug in my office, which was not his fault.
         The good news is, without any apparent signals on my part, Gizmo knew to go my preferred route and cut across the sand spit on the corner of the water filtration plant near us.  Smart dog, but he’s two years old, when will he become housebroken?
           Solution: I put together the cage that evening, Gizmo ran into it that night, no mistakes that morning.

Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative.  Mordecai Wyatt Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment