Saturday, September 3, 2011

#Squirting #Water Bottle handles misbehaving #dogs


Give me a moment to think about the water-bottle squirt.  

Ginny Weissman answers the rampaging dogs in a dog park problem:
       Loving Gizmo’s blog, as always.  I suggest taking a small spray water bottle to the dog park to ward off predators---that’s what we use to keep dogs in line in animal rescue.                                                                                       
Norm’s Response: No out of control dogs at the dog park during the last two visits, no chance to squirt any dog with my water bottle.                                  Then, early one morning during our walk, Rocky, the large, energetic and overly friendly husky at the end of the block, was seen joyously off leash and running free.  He leaped over to greet Gizmo, who immediately jumped on his head.                                                                                                                       Rocky went into play mode and began slapping Gizmo’s face with his long paws.  I wanted him to stop doing that, so I squirted him with the water bottle.  Twice.                                                                                                                       Result: Rocky stayed about 20 yards away from us until after I rang the neighbor’s doorbell, told her Rocky was loose and she called him home.  Problem solved.                                                                                                 Squirting water works to change behavior, with no threat of future lawsuits. 
“My name is #Oprah #Winfrey. I have a talk show. I'm single. I have eight dogs — five golden retrievers, two black labs, and a mongrel. I have four years of college.” Oprah Winfrey, when asked to describe herself during jury selection

No comments:

Post a Comment