Monday, September 5, 2011

#Rattlesnake versus #dog in the back yard: partial #solution

Look: I'd rather not confront a rattlesnake.

the pack rats. 
     We hired Ron Frosch from Critter Control, and for  $300+ worth or advise and a little poison for the feet of the packrats, we allegedly got a rattlesnake-free back yard.
      Of course, I would not want to do it.  Ron told me he “loves his job because he loves animals.”  But his job is to kill or get rid of them?
      Result: we took Gizmo to the back yard, where he was formerly able to run free, on a leash.  I walked him late at night in case the rattlesnake was still there.  But Gizmo was no longer frightened and, most times, neither did he urinate out there.  I guess it was a win-win sitation for all concerned – except the rattlesnake, me, Gizmo and, probably, the pack rats.
“I never married because there was no need. I have three pets at home who answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog that growls every morning, a parrot that swears all afternoon, and a cat that comes home late every night.       Marie Corelli


No comments:

Post a Comment