Friday, September 30, 2011

#Forgive or #forget the #dog #sitter who lost your dog?


from EagleTribune.com Merrimack Valley, MA: September 25, 2011
Please don't loose me.
     Dear Dog Lady:  The latest dog walker I employed left my dog behind after an off-leash outing to a nature preserve. Salty was found wandering near a busy road by a Good Samaritan stranger who knew to call me because of the personalized dog collar with my phone number and Salty's name embroidered on it. The quick-read collar and the kind stranger saved Salty's life. The dog walker cried and apologized again and again. He begs for another chance. I am tempted to forgive. What do you say?                                                                  Dog Lady response: If it happened once, it can happen again… You can forgive but you cannot forget the negligence….Your dog could have been hurt or killed because of the dog walker's disregard. Sure, you can give the walker a second chance but what if . . .?                                                                                         
     My response: neither forgive nor forget.  Fire him after causing him to be lost in a preserve.  Then consider knee capping.
    “My dog can bark like a Congressman, fetch like an aide, beg like a press secretary, and play dead like a receptionist when the phone rings.”  Gerold Solomon, US Congressman

No comments:

Post a Comment