Sunday, June 19, 2011

HELP: what to do about Jekyll & Hyde dog?

I may be a gentle, good dog, but I sure can gnaw this bone

        I need Help about a sudden and, so far, inexplicable change of personality in her Wheaton Terrier.  My daughter’s male dog, after eating something that didn’t agree with him and being hospitalized for it, and after being left alone in the house for hours, suddenly went from a well-trained, house-broken dog to a barking, urinating, irritable wretch.  The neighbors are complaining.
           What could cause this sudden shift in personality?  Is there any cure?   Can you help with suggestions?
            Should my daughter show more or less love to him before she leaves the house?  Play peek-a-boo?
                   "It’s not about the dog. It’s always about us. It’s always about the owner.  It’s up to us to create an environment and circumstances in which the dog can thrive and be itself.” Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer

No comments:

Post a Comment