Friday, June 3, 2011

Beating Marley for most uncontrollable dog

I would never eat a garage or a kitchen.
           People at our table at the Virginia Waring Fund Raising Gala (which supports a youth piano competition that is one of the most enjoyable events in our area) talk about their yellow lab.  They insisted that he was like “Marley,” the hit book about an ill-behaved yellow lab who twice flunked out of obedience school.  I said that Marley’s owner/writer told me during our radio interview that he ate most of a garage.  That was a very destructive dog.
They saw Marley’s bid  and went higher:  They said that their dog ate their kitchen!!
When left alone, he would jump up on the kitchen counters and empty all the shelves in the cabinets.  Then he would gnaw on the cabinets, all of which had to be replaced.   Since it probably cost more to replace the kitchen than the garage, I think their dog won the Most Untamable Contest.

"If I were a dog, I would have bitten you already." ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment