Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gizmo's Present: Parisian Dogs Worth Sniffing


Parisian homeless with pals
"I am more Parisian than you."
"I bless this car"

       I brought back little bits of Paris for Gizmo: the dogs I saw there that seemed good enough for him to sniff.
      The Parisians surely adore their dogs.  Of all the canines we saw, none pulled on their leash, none misbehaved, and very few barked at all.  It was as if the dogs were thinking: I am in Paris, therefore I must pout with French dignity all the time.
"I am Parisian, therefore I pout."
Perfect day: my owner, a bridge over the Seine. 
Old Stairs, older dog





A pug in Paris


Sunny day, three sophisticated  Parisians

 “I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.” -- John Steinbeck
      

No comments:

Post a Comment