Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Do Men Always Flirt?

While walking Gizmo, a thin, pretty blond in a fetching white track suit stopped jogging to pet Gizmo, who immediately put both paws around her thigh and bent his head for more petting.  She complimented Gizmo, exclaiming, “So blond, so beautiful.”
     My immediate answer, “And so are you.”
     Her response: A thank you and a bit of a blush.
     My instant internal dialogue:  Why did I do that?  Why was I actually flirting?  I don’t want to flirt, it was merely an automatic response, but one that welled up so quickly it seemed almost instinctual.
Playing or flirting?
     What is it about men, of almost any age, who are firting as if they were still in the game (I am not, I am deeply in love with my wife)? 
PS: I told Grace and she laughed, calling what I said harmless and charming.
PPS: I met White Jogging Suit again: she lives up the street from us WITH her husband.
“The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.”  ~Author Unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment