Monday, February 13, 2012

part 3: #Dog's last will, shortest


A dog’s last will and testament, Even Shorter:  
         When humans die they prepare a will in order to leave their home and everything they own to all those they love.
         `If I were able to write I would also make out such a will.
         To a poor, lonely, full of longing stray I would leave my happy home, my food bowl, my cozy bed, my soft pillow, my toys and the beloved lap. The gently stroking hand, the loving voice, the place I had in someone’s heart and the love which, at the end, will help me towards a peaceful, painless end while being held in loving arms.
         And when I die, then please don’t say:
         “Never again will I have a dog, the loss is much too painful.”
          Find yourself a lonely, unloved dog and give it my place in your heart.
         That is my bequest. The love I leave behind is all that I have to give.

     “To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring – it was peace.”  Milan Kundera

1 comment:

  1. That is indeed a touching one!

    Aloha Pet Hospital
    http://www.murrayhillvethospital.com

    ReplyDelete