Friday, February 3, 2012

#Gizmo Good #Dog, part two


I'll let you sleep if you let me sleep

       Grace, my wife, was sick all night.  I was up with her every two hours and therefore slept until nearly 10 am.
         All this time, Gizmo was asleep in his cage in our bedroom, silent. 
      When I finally got up and dressed, Gizmo, although happy to see him and now sitting up, remained silent until I opened the cage and hooked him up to his leash for a walk.
         Good Dog.  Amazing Dog.  All owners who get up at 5:30 am with barking, crying dogs who need to go outside, eat your hearts out. 
         “Like many other much loved humans, they believed that they owned their dogs, instead of realizing that their dogs owned them.”   Dodie Smith; in 101 Dalmations

No comments:

Post a Comment