Thursday, February 2, 2012

#Gizmo Really #Good #Dog:


You?  I always TRY to obey you.

      Out for a walk.  I’m looking straight ahead, the way the #Dog #Whisperer advises.  Gizmo is trotting along, when he suddenly pulls to the right, going to sniff something very important in the gutter.
         The leash pulls from my hand and Gizmo is free to run in the street, exactly the most dangerous place for him to go charging off and precisely where he would often go when we first adopted him a year ago.
         This time, I say, “Hey.  Hey!”  That’s all.  Gizmo immediately stops and sits, waiting for me to pick up his leash.
         I say, “Good Dog,” several times.  And he was.
        When a doting person gets down on all fours and plays with the dog's rubber mouse, it only confuses the puppy and gives him a sense of insecurity.  He gets the impression that the world is unstable and wonders whether he is supposed to walk on his hind legs and smoke cigars.”  Corey Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment