Friday, February 17, 2012

The #Gentlest #Standard #Poodle #Puppy


"I'm also very gentle."

       Coco, the one-year-old dark tan full sized poodle, was at the dog park when Gizmo was there.  Coco wanted very much to chase a ball, but, when Gizmo was going for the ball, Coco would run in the direction of the ball and then veer off to allow Gizmo to get the ball, presumably because if I threw the ball, it belonged to Gizmo.
     When Gizmo was laying down or was interested in other dogs, Coco would happily chase the ball I threw in his direction.  His owner said that Coco didn’t get the idea of bringing the ball back once he reached it.
     I shouted, “Here,” and Coco started in my direction.  Then I spread out my arms and pointed to the ground with my right hand, saying, “Drop.”   Coco would not only bring the ball back to me and did so four times in a row, but once Coco tried to put the now-dusty, dirty ball directly in my mouth.
     Then Gizmo joined us and I alternated: one throw for Gizmo and one for Coco.  Both dogs were tired by the end of our dog park visit and kindly Coco demonstrated that, when she grows up, she will have a very accommodating personality.
     If you can look at a dog and not feel vicarious excitement and affection, you must be a cat.”  Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment