Saturday, July 30, 2011

No Pictures of #leaping Gizmo: #dog faster than #camera

Third and last try: Gizmo opts out

     We tried to get a picture of Gizmo gracefully leaping on the bed.  Unfortunately, I was using my small Cannon PowerShot Elf camera, which had the disquieting habit of snapping the picture a half a second or so after I pressed the trigger. 
       He would jump on the bed, I would miss the shot and then I would pick him up and gently put him on the floor (however much Shih Tzu he is, the breed is prone to back injuries).
2nd try, same picture: is one leg in the air?
     That had two results: three perfect pictures of Gizmo already near Grace, who was on the bed calling him, … and Gizmo semi-permanently under the bed, refusing to get out.  When he did come out, he would not jump on the bed again.  
1st try: why did the camera wait so long to take a pic?
     Grace thought that, while taking his picture, I trained him not to jump on the bed.  I thought, but did not say, “Fat chance of that.”  I thought I might have confused him and so, taking the smartest route, Gizmo opted for under the bed.  The three pictures of Gizmo not leaping on the bed are attached.   




"To live long, eat like a cat, drink like a dog." - German Proverb  And beware when they want you to jump on the bed again and again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment