Monday, May 23, 2011

Teaching Gizmo

After Grace not-so-kindly reminded me to hang up my jacket (“Were you never taught to hang up your clothes?” was what she said.  To which I could probably, truthfully say, “No,” but I didn’t want any sort of an argument.)
I immediately turned this into a teaching moment for Gizmo.  I said to him, as he hugged my thigh and gazed up at me with big eyes, “Never marry the oldest sister.  If you do, she will always think that she is right and will always be teaching you the correct way to do things.”
Gizmo’s response: he let go of my thigh, went to a sitting position and looked back and forth from Grace to me.
Grace’s reaction, “Who are you talking to?”
My reaction, “Just teaching Gizmo about dealing with women.”
Neither dog nor wife appreciated my wisdom.

Don't make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans, or they will treat you like dogs.”  Martha Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment