Friday, May 6, 2011

Dog Park War II

Maybe I can get this guy to chase me. 

       As the days walked by and our council member and I exchanged phone messages but had no conversation, the tensions at the regular 8 am Ironwood Park dog-owners meetings increased.   
            It was all so unfair: It was the one place where our dogs could run free3, off leash, for a few minutes each day.  No children were in the park when the dogs were there.  We’re voters and tax payers, and here a mean animal control officer was ruining our pleasure and fun.  Oh, the unjustness of it all. 
         We had nothing good to say about the animal control officer, despite the fact that I had never seen him (not that I wanted to: Gizmo was waiting for his $8 dog license and I didn’t want to be accused by an over-zealous animal control wonk of having an unlicensed dog.)
         When they gathered in the park, people muttered that the ticket-happy guy (who had yet to write a ticket) was probably someone whose small amount of power went to his head.  Some theorized that he was overcompensating for deficiencies in his male member (always a smug assumption). 
         Several days in a row, I walked to the Ironwood Park at the usual time and there were no dogs or dog owners there.   Is this the way we want our country to be run?  No, No, No – all this government interference was enough to turn some of us into Tea Party Republicans!!
         Leash no, peace yes.  Give me leash liberty or we leave you poop (also against the rules).

You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, "My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!" . – Dave Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment