Thursday, December 15, 2011

#Poodle attack thwarted by a loud NO

Poodles?  I was just trying to be friendly.

       I’m walking the dog near sunset when we pass an open garage door.  Two big, black, standard poodles come running out of the car and make a dash for Gizmo.  They are barking and growling, looking quite threatening.
          I step between Gizmo and the poodles, point my finger and shout, “NO!  NO!!” 
         The dogs stop, look at me as if to ask, “Does he really mean that?”  Then they begin to trot back to the garage.  I hear the owner from within the garage saying, “I’m sorry, so sorry.”
         No harm done.  A firm no and a pointed finger restored missing discipline.
     “Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.”   Josh Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment