Thursday, August 4, 2011

#Thunder and #Gizmo needs my #lap


     Thunder.  Lightning.  Rain.  Wind.
     This afternoon I am sitting in my favorite chair reading when I am interrupted by panting.  Gizmo is sitting at my feet, tongue handing way out, eyes pleading.
     I pet him to comfort him and return to the book.  Then I feel his paw on my thigh, touching me getting my attention.
     Gizmo has never wanted to get into my lap before, but now he does.  Both front paws are on my lap.  There is a look that asks, “PLEASE?” 
     I give him the smallest of agreeable shakes of my head and he is in my lap, making himself comfortable.  Sighing.  His heart slowing  down.  Calm, as the storm subsides.
I found his lap during a storm.  All is well. 
      John Mahoney, referring to Enzo the Dog, who starred as Eddy in Frasier:  “I'm a dog person, I've had dogs all my life.   But you see, it's not really a dog.   It's more like a little robot.   It's an actor.   It displays no emotion whatsoever.  I swear that dog doesn't know any of us even though we've done five seasons of Frasier.”  (Note: During an interview, Mahoney told me about the same thing, saying that Enzo wasn’t really a dog, but a little actor who would only perform for his trainer and doggie pay.)


No comments:

Post a Comment