Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gizmo: Escape Dog

I drive to the dog park, get out of the car, open the back door and there is no Gizmo.  Just a moment before, he was happily staring into the wind out the non-driver’s window.  Then he switched to the other side, giving me a chance to close that wide-open window.
I panicked.  Gizmo had disappeared!  First thought: could he have jumped out through the window on to Monterey, a four-lane highway?  I looked in the well of  the seats.  No Gizmo.
Then I heard someone (her name was Judy) shouting from beyond the enclosure leading to the dog park.  “Are you looking for this dog?”
Indeed I was.  Gizmo had somehow leaped past me, gotten out of the car before I knew where he was, ran across the street and then followed the woman inside the enclosure or safety lock, preventing big dogs from getting in to the small dogs area. 
Gizmo truly deserves his alternate nickname of Escape Dog.

"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." - Ann Landers

No comments:

Post a Comment