Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gizmo Armpit Relaxation


         Today I lay down on the floor of the bedroom and Gizmo came over to examine me.  I had never before gone down almost below his level and lay there quietly, pretending to sleep.
          First it was sniff-sniff to my left cheek, nose and mouth.  Then he walked around my head to my right side, where he lay down and nosed his way into my armpit.
         Whatever he was doing, it caused me to insanely giggle.  He pushed a little harder into my armpit and then rolled over on his back.  All four feet were limply in the air.   He was completely docile, calm, relaxed.
         He sighed.  And immediately went deeply to sleep, barely breathing.  Contented.

         "If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain  dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons."  James Thurber

No comments:

Post a Comment