Monday, October 3, 2011

#Dog #trains #us, we train him: Success?

 
Not fair: I hardly train you at all.

This is the new habit when it is time for Gizmo, Grace and I to go  to sleep:                  The moment we turn off the television and get up from the couch, Gizmo rushes into our bedroom and buries himself under the bed.  Nothing will lure him from his dark hideaway.                  
       If I hear him in the AM, I get up and into the cage he willingly goes.  In fact, he runs into that "training device."  Then I go back to sleep.                                                                He is utterly quiet when I get up, dress, set up my IPad for current listening, get water, a hat and a leash.    
        Then, after turning off the alarm, I let him out of the cage and immediately open the front door setting him out in the fenced garden.     
         So far it has been one accident-free week.  This is cooperative retraining: he trains us, we train him. 
   "The difference between cats and dogs is, dogs come when they are called, cats take a message and get back to you."  Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment