Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What Gizmo Taught Me # 1

        Today I learned about life from Gizmo, my dog.
         People generally believe that there is nothing to learn from a dog or any other animal.  This confirms them in their stupidity (there I wrote it).
         When I look at Gizmo, I see a beautiful creature with amazing skills that I could never learn.  For instance, he knows enough to survive.  That is no small achievement.
         He was in a cage in a shelter hours from annihilation when we stepped forward, based on a nervous call from our friend, and a bedraggled picture of Gizmo – he looked like a prisoner awoken early in the morning and about to be brought before a judge – and yet there was enough in him to save his life.




"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant."  --Unknown
  

No comments:

Post a Comment