Wednesday, October 19, 2011

#Bulldog found 6 yrs later: another reason to #microchip your dog

Bama goes back home 6 years after adoption: please microchip your dog

10/18/11 Dog found in Stockton, CA, back with Salt Lake City, UT, owner 6 years later, thanks to microchip!
                 STOCKTON, CA - A woman from the Salt Lake City area came to Stockton Tuesday to take home the dog she gave up for adoption 6 years ago.
              Jackie Rougle had a newborn baby and three dogs when she became overwhelmed by those responsibilities. She thought their bulldog Bama was going to a good family. Later, she learned the dog was almost immediately sold.
             When Bama was located in San Joaquin County last week, thanks to an identifying microchip, Rougle said, "My little girl said when she heard Bama was back, you have to go get her, so I came and got her.”
              Her husband Larry was the one who first wanted Bama, but Larry died in battle in Afghanistan four years ago, so for Rougle, getting Bama back was like being reunited with Larry’
   My reaction: another reason to put a microchip in your dog.

       “My mom was a ventriloquist and she always was throwing her voice. For ten years I thought the dog was telling me to kill my father.”  Wendy  Liebman

No comments:

Post a Comment